|Red Crossers went to Stuyvesant High School to teach Hands-only CPR
(Photo: Sean Patrick McNerney)
Last Week in Review
- We partnered with Congresswoman Grace Meng to make a PSA about our Sound The Alarm program to end home fires in New York City.
- Red Crossers taught nearly 500 future leaders how to do Hands-Only CPR at Stuyvesant High School last week.
- Last Thursday, lohud.com published a special op-ed by Metro NY North CEO Stephanie Dunn Ashley about how the climate crisis is amplifying the need for blood donations and disaster volunteers.
- Our Senior Disaster Program Manager, Brian Gerber, shared a touching mission moment from Hurricane Ida in a clip we shared last week.
- We shared this clip last week of when we honored Deputy Mayor Anne Williams-Isom at the Women Who Serve America event in November for her lifetime of service.
- Last Monday, a 4th grade student made a thank you card for our volunteers Barbara and Helene who gave Pillowcase Program presentation at South Salem Elementary School.
- News12 Westchester covered a fire in White Plains where the Red Cross provided assistance to 7 people.
- 📢 Calling all Gamers 📢 This holiday season to help ensure that no family faces a disaster alone, join our Gamers vs Disasters fundraiser. Gamers can now join our #RescueRoyale, a charity based stream-a-thon, to help assist people affected by disasters big and small.
- Year in Review 2023: As we close out 2023, we wish you a safe and healthy holiday season, and invite you to review some of our region's proudest and most memorable moments.
- Dec 14: Give the gift of time! Join us on Microsoft Teams to learn about our most needed volunteer opportunities and how you can sign up to join us.
- Jan 12: Join national Red Cross leaders Brad Kieserman, Jennifer Pipa, and Koby Langley at a Special Town Hall Meeting. They will provide an update on operations across the country, share their vision for 2024, and answer your questions. RSVP via this link.