|Metro NY North Red Cross assisted 4 families after a fire in Peekskill. (Source: News 12)
From January 29 to Feb 4, the American Red Cross in Greater New York provided emergency assistance to 120 adults and 36 children following 42 local disaster responses. Here are some highlights from the past week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- For Black History Month, we honor the vibrant heritage and significant contributions that Black Americans have made to our country and to the Red Cross.
- News12 Westchester reported on the Red Cross assisting 4 families after a fire on Orchard St. in Peekskill.
- Last Friday, #LIRedCross helmed a booth at the Long Island Metro Fire/EMS Expo, distributing fire safety and lifesaving skills information.
- The Mayor of Mount Vernon, Shawyn Patterson-Howard, highlighted the efforts of the Red Cross assisting a family after a fire on S. 10th Ave.
- Leaders from Red Cross regions throughout New York met with Senator Bill Weber to discuss the blood shortage in New York State and the steps we are taking to ensure an adequate supply remains available.
- Last Wednesday, News 12 reported on the Red Cross assisting 6 families after a fire on in the northeastern Bronx.
- Kudos to the Horace Mann Red Cross Club for hosting their very first blood drive at the end of January and to NYC Council Member Eric Dinowitz and Assemblyman Jeffrey Dinowitz for coming out to support the blood drive in their Bronx districts.
- Our Service to the Armed Forces team visited Fort Totten in Queens, NY, last week to provide information regarding Red Cross services during a pre-deployment event.
- We met with the new West Point Garrison Commander, Col. Travis E. Robison, to discuss Red Cross programs available to support military members, veterans and their families through our Service to the Armed Forces mission.
- Time will pass anyway, in 2024 #ResolveToVolunteer with the Red Cross and become an integral part of your community.
- Feb 5-8: Mark your calendars for the upcoming Red Cross Blood Drive at West Point Military Academy.
- Feb 28: Join Kate Schlientz and Tara Rosenblum for a fundraising event saluting the American Red Cross New York Metro North Chapter at Red Horse by David Burke in White Plains.
- Mar 6: Join us in Manhattan as the American Red Cross recognizes civic leaders and heroic individuals who embody our humanitarian mission at the annual Red Cross Heroes Gala.