I have been a camp director for Our Kids Day Camp in Sullivan County, NY, for the past 14 years. We take our CPR renewal each year and although you hope to never use it, I had to when one of my counselors brought in another staff member who was choking. This boy could not breathe because he had a Dum Dum lollipop stuck in the back of his throat. I grabbed him, bent him over and gave back blows—and the lollipop came flying out. Afterward, it did sink in that this boy could have died, but the training I had year after year with the Red Cross enabled me to sprint into action and not panic. Thanks!
–Helen Hoffman, Woodbourne
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.