|Mayor De Blasio greets Red Cross Volunteers at FDNY celebratory |
150th anniversary open-house. (Photo: Marko Kokic)
Last Week in Review
On the 150th Anniversary celebration of the New York City Fire Department (FDNY), Commissioner Daniel Nigro thanked Red Cross volunteers for their ongoing support at fires and in helping to promote fire safety.
Posted by American Red Cross in Greater New York on Monday, May 4, 2015
- Last Saturday, Red Cross volunteers, employees and partners stood alongside NYC firefighters at nearly 240 firehouses throughout the five boroughs to help celebrate FDNY’s 150th Anniversary. The Red Cross was on hand to promote fire safety and schedule more than 1000 free smoke alarm installations.
- At Engine 58 in Harlem, FDNY Commissioner Daniel Nigro recorded a special thank-you message for Red Cross volunteers, recognizing their past and ongoing support.
- While hundreds of volunteers from across the GNY Region helped celebrate the FDNY anniversary, eight teams of Metro NY North volunteers and staff were installing life-saving smoke alarms in FoxCroft Village, a large mobile-home community in Loch Sheldrake, N.Y.
- Thank you to all who supported these life-saving efforts this weekend: our employees, our volunteers, our corporate/community partners, including of course FDNY.
- After the massive Nepal earthquake that devastated South Asia, the American Red Cross continues to support the global Red Cross network and provide relief. Find out 3 ways you can help with the earthquake relief.
- Here in Greater NY, our International Services teams along with Red Cross disaster mental-health volunteers have been working to provide emotional support and resources to those in this region worried about loved ones in Nepal.
- May 7: In Hauppauge (Long Island), we will be training 50 members of the Carpenters Union to be Red Cross Disaster Services volunteers. Thanks to our board member William Macchione for making this possible.
- May 7 & 8: Red Cross blood drive; 1 to 7pm; 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- May 9: Red Cross Metro New York North is holding an extensive one-day Disaster Volunteer Institute in Mt. Vernon to help jump start the participation of prospective volunteers. Register today and share this teaser video!
Fantastic blog but you should to use this Blogger TemplatesReplyDelete