Red Cross Workforce Engagement and Volunteer Service Teams Volunteering for #GetAlarmedNYC
Last Week in Review
- In honor of Father’s Day we caught up with Long Island Red Cross volunteer Tom Hlenski to discuss his past years with the Red Cross as well as his current deployment in Orlando.
- Red Crosser Craig Cooper was featured on The Weather Channel on Sunday to talk about hurricane preparedness.
- The Red Cross Clubs' Youth Raid Cross event took place this past Sunday. Raid Cross is a role-playing simulation activity designed to help young people understand the humanitarian implications of armed conflict.
- Our Medical Spotter Team assisted at the NYRR Queens 10K on Saturday.
- On Friday Workforce Engagement and Volunteer Services teams installed more than 110
smoke detectors as part of our Home Fire Preparedness Campaign.
- In our latest #MyRedCrossLife Instagram post, volunteer Ariel Hernandez shares his experience volunteering for the Red Cross.
- Sara Ovani of International Services at the GNY Red Cross spoke about the Restoring Family Links services to the attendees of the World Refugee Day 2016 – Historical Refugee Walk.
- A volunteer orientation, an event for prospective volunteers highlighting different Red Cross opportunities, was held on Wednesday at our regional headquarters.
- Throughout the week, Red Cross staff from across the country worked around the clock to offer comfort and care to those affected by last Sunday's horrific shooting in Orlando. Among those in Central Florida helping were our Regional CEO Josh Lockwood and LI Red Cross mental-health volunteer Tom Hlenski.
- Thank you again to Citi for volunteering at our regional headquarters during their 11th annual Global Community Day. Volunteers assembled 2,250 care kits for military veterans, service members and their families.
- Staff from the Northeast NY Region of the Red Cross came to our NYC headquarters last Sunday the 11th to support our #GetAlarmedNYC campaign. These Red Crossers, who included AmeriCorps members, were able to install 308 alarms over a four-day period. Thank you to all of the volunteers.
- Calling all golf lovers! Barclays is looking for support at the PGA tour playoffs this summer from August 23-28 in Farmingdale, LI. Signing up gets you full admission to the tournament for you and a guest. Learn more about this great opportunity. Don't forget to select American Red Cross as your affiliation when you register!
- June 21, 23 & 24: Red Cross blood drive: 1 to 7pm: 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- June 25: The Home Fire Preparedness Campaign will be in Port Washington, Long Island. Volunteer to help out, or sign up to get a free smoke alarm installed in your home.
- June 25: #GetAlarmedNYC is coming to Briarwood, Brooklyn. Volunteer to help out, or sign up to get a free smoke alarm installed in your home.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.