The Greater NY Logistics Team in Long Island (Photo: Ronnie Rigos)
Last Week in Review
- The Red Cross Logistics teams are always preparing for the next disaster! Our Greater NY regional team completed the transfer and relocation of pre-staged disaster relief items in Long Island. And, the Metro NY North team did a preparation cleanup to ensure that our supplies are ready to go in case of a disaster.
- Over 30 members of the Disaster Assistance Response Team (D.A.R.T), made up of active & retired FDNY firefighters, took part in disaster preparedness training at the Greater New York Red Cross HQ to sharpen their skills.
- Longtime board member, Peter Rapport, announced that he is stepping down after more than a decade. However, he will continue to serve as an emeritus board member and Red Cross volunteer. Thank you Peter!
- Long Island Red Cross hosted a tabletop exercise with our community partners to strengthen collaboration and teamwork in the event of a hurricane.
- Fairfield Look’s Summer Solstice party took place recently, honoring New York Red Cross hurricane donors and board members.
- Check out our latest #DidUKnowRedCross Instagram story about our Services to the Armed Forces (SAF) program!
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- July 4: Have a happy 4th of July holiday! Be sure to stay cool and stay safe this week by following these tips from the Red Cross.
- July 5- 9: Red Cross blood drives will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Greater NY Red Cross building located at 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan and other locations. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- July 19- 21: Our Blue Sky Summer Camp is open for all Greater New York Red Cross employees, interns, and volunteers. This is an opportunity to meet your fellow team members, gain new skills, hone old ones, and have FUN! A sampling of workshops include: Blue Sky NYC Ops, Excel 101, PA 101, LFO and Cultural Sensitivity.