|Red Crossers honoring our nation's veterans at the NYC Veteran's Day Parade (Photo: Kevin Suttlehan)|
Last Week in Review
- Led by Oonagh Tait channeling Clara Bartan, Red Cross volunteers dedicated their Sunday to celebrating our nation’s veterans and marched in the NYC Veteran’s Day Parade. Red Crossers also served hot beverages, water, and snacks to event attendees. Thank you to all veterans and those currently serving! Check out more photos here.
- On Saturday our Home Fire Campaign team and community partners were in Queens neighborhoods, promoting home fire safety and installing free smoke alarms to households. Join the Home Fire Campaign today!
- Red Cross is on the ground in Saipan and Tinian, providing relief efforts to those affected by a Super Typhoon Yutu. Local Red Crossers like Cedric Davoren are delivering emergency supply kits to clients and are working with Youth Bureau Services for client service centers for the villages.
- Thank you SOMOS New York for recognizing the work of the Red Cross and Cruz Roja’s team in helping Puerto Rico. We are honored to work with you to continue to build a more robust and resilient Puerto Rico.
- On Friday, Regional CEO of American Red Cross in Greater New York Josh Lockwood met with Tom Morris Jur from the hit show LivePD to discuss how to grow the Red Cross mission.
- Local Red Crossers including our Communications Officer Mike de Vulpillieres deployed to Butte County, California to open shelters, assist wildfire evacuees, and provide supplies.
- The FDNY Disaster Assistance Response Team (DART) recently returned to NYC after a deployment to Florida to assist those affected by Hurricane Michael. In just one week, the team was able to distribute 1,000 kits to hurricane victims to help those who lost power or were without means to cook for themselves.
- On Wednesday, Red Cross held a Sound the Alarm Pillowcase Project at the Bayview Community Center After School Program. For the next few weeks, Red Cross has partnered with Millennium Youth Development to teach children the essentials of preparing for an emergency.
- Nov 12, 16, & 19: Red Cross blood drives will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Greater NY Red Cross building located at 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today!
- Nov 15: American Red Cross is hosting Sunrise to Save Lives Breakfast to eliminate measles through improved vaccination coverage. To purchase tickets, please visit: https://501auctions.com/sunrisetosavelives. For questions and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Dawn Neilson at email@example.com or 516-747-3500 ext. 203.
- Nov 16: Sign up for a free 2-hour class about the Fundamental Principles that guide the work and decisions of all Red Cross Red Crescent workers. RSVP here or contact Sara Onvani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dec 13: Join the Red Cross Young Patrons at their Holiday Soirée: a night of conversation, drinks, live music and general holiday cheer at the beautiful and historic Players Club in Gramercy Park. To purchase tickets, click here!