|Red Cross offered emergency preparedness training to students of New Dorp High School on Staten Island|
Last Week in Review
- Special thank you to all the Red Crossers who volunteered at the TCS New York City Marathon yesterday, serving as medical spotters at the finish line. And thank you to all the runners who ran to benefit the Red Cross!
- On Sunday, our very own Craig Cooper (LI volunteer) was on the monthly Red Cross feature, ‘Weather Red Report,’ on The Weather Channel. Craig provided tips on how to prepare for a winter emergency. He also reminded viewers to check the batteries on their smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- On Friday, we teamed up with Council Member Steven Mateo to provide emergency preparedness training to thousands of students at New Dorp High School on Staten Island. Thank you to the New Dorp HS staff for welcoming our team to help Staten Island prepare!
- On our most recent installment for “Three Questions” we featured longtime Red Cross staff member Francisco Resto who currently serves as a disaster responder on the 10:00 P.M. to 6:30 A.M. overnight shift.
- Congrats to Arturo Guzman who just celebrated thirty years of Red Cross volunteer service! And on Saturday, he deployed to Florida to support Hurricane Michael relief efforts!
- On Thursday, our Sr. Director of Government and Community Relations John Waldman joined NYC Department of Buildings at their Full Scale Exercise with New York City Fire Department.
- MNYN volunteers provided emergency assistance to ten adults displaced by a home fire in Mt Vernon on Tuesday.
- For Halloween, the Red Cross ECC shared this spooky story of a little ghost that haunts our offices at night.
Upcoming Events & Opportunities
- Nov 6, 9, & 12: Red Cross blood drives will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Greater NY Red Cross building located at 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today!
- Nov 15: American Red Cross is hosting Sunrise to Save Lives Breakfast to eliminate measles through improved vaccination coverage. To purchase tickets, please visit: https://501auctions.com/sunrisetosavelives. For questions and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Dawn Neilson at email@example.com or 516-747-3500 ext. 203.
- Nov 16: Sign up for a free 2-hour class about the Fundamental Principles that guide the work and decisions of all Red Cross Red Crescent workers. RSVP here or contact Sara Onvani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dec 13: Join the Red Cross Young Patrons at their Holiday Soirée: a night of conversation, drinks, live music and general holiday cheer at the beautiful and historic Players Club in Gramercy Park. To purchase tickets, click here!