|Red Cross volunteer providing care and comfort to Bonnie who had to evacuate her home in Paradise, California|
Last Week in Review
- Local NY Red Crossers are on the ground in Northern California at shelters for wildfire evacuees to manage food and supplies and provide mental and physical health services. Our Greater New York Communications Officer Mike de Vulpillieres is stationed in Butte County and shares about the devastation. Watch here to learn about a couple’s harrowing escape from the flames and the support they’ve received after the fire destroyed their home. If you or someone you know is looking for a loved one, please click here to access the Red Cross Safe and Well website.
- On Saturday, MNYN Red Crossers responded to a fire on Gold Street in Yonkers, providing emergency assistance to 10 adults and 2 children.
- Local Red Crosser Cedric Davoren continues to provide relief efforts to those affected by Super Typhoon Yutu in Saipan and Tinian. Client services and disaster assessment are working to see as many people as possible. The Army partnered with the Red Cross to assemble Disaster Emergency kits and deliver supplies to the people of Tinian.
- On Thursday, Red Cross held its Sunrise to Save Lives breakfast to support the Red Cross Measles Rubella Initiative. Thank you to program manager James Noe for educating and informing about this important initiative.
- Thank you Councilman Robert Holden for inviting the American Red Cross to partner and work together to provide vital Home Fire Safety and Emergency Preparedness services.
- Last Monday, Red Cross partnered with Long Island Alzheimer’s Foundation to install smoke alarms and raise awareness about the importance of working smoke alarms and fire safety.
Upcoming Events & Opportunities
- Hiring: Response Manager (weekday 12am-8am shift), Response Manager (Wed-Fri 4pm-12am shifts with alternating 12pm-12am weekend shifts)
- Nov 19, 20, 21, & 23: Red Cross blood drives will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Greater NY Red Cross building located at 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today!
- Dec 13: Join the Red Cross Young Patrons at their Holiday Soirée: a night of conversation, drinks, live music and general holiday cheer at the beautiful and historic Players Club in Gramercy Park. To purchase tickets, click here!