IMAGES OF 2018: A look back at some of the moments that marked
the last 12 months for the American Red Cross in Greater NY
Over the last 10 days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 175 adults and 55 children following 62 local disasters. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (see below)
Last Week in Review
- As 2018 winds down, we are looking back at some of the moments and people that marked the past year for the American Red Cross in Greater New York. Be sure to check out this web recap and this slide show.
- Yesterday, Metro NY North Red Cross volunteers helped more than a dozen New Rochelle residents left homeless by a fire.
- Last week our Communications Officer Michael de Vulpillieres reflected on his recent deployment to Northern California in a blog post for the emergency readiness site, Preparation Concierge.
- On Friday, RAND Engineering and Architecture hosted a Red Cross blood drive. Big thanks to RAND for their partnership!
- For an upcoming New Yorker of the Week segment, NY1 visited our Manhattan office last Thursday to chat with and feature one of our volunteers. We couldn’t be more excited! Who is being featured? Stay tuned to our Facebook page to find out!
- On Thursday, we had the honor of hosting the President of the Indonesian Red Cross at our NYC offices.
- Earlier in the week, our International Services team organizaed a group of staff, including Greater NY Red Cross board members, to visit the United Nations for the IFRC launch of their World Disaster Report. The theme of the 2018 report: Leaving No One Behind.
- Over the several days, our NYC, Long Island and Metro NY North volunteers gathered for their respective holiday-themed, All-Hands meetings. Thanks to all who attended!
- Last week, our Community Relations team met with State Senator and Red Cross partner Joseph Addabbo to discuss our work in his district and across the region.
- Cedric Devoren recently returned home after several weeks in Saipan where he supported Red Cross relief efforts following Typhoon Yutu. Thank you to him and to all our team members from across this region who have deployed this year to support Red Cross relief efforts far from home!
Upcoming Events & Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Volunteer Screener, Disaster Action Team Member, Recruitment Support Member, Mass Care Team Member. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dec. 20: A Red Cross blood drive will take place from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Better Homes and Gardens Realty, 3928 East Tremont Ave, Bronx, New York 10465. Schedule an appointment to donate today!
- Dec. 21 and 24: A Red Cross blood drive will take place from 1 to 7 p.m. at the American Red Cross in Greater NY, 520 West 49th Street, New York, New York 10019. Schedule an appointment to donate today!
- Dec. 22: A Red Cross blood drive will take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Bridge Church, 38 East 1st St., Mount Vernon,New York 10550. Schedule an appointment to donate today!
- Jan. 13: The American Red Cross is heading to the Bronx to install FREE smoke alarms and provide fire safety information to area residents. Sign up today for your FREE smoke alarm by calling 877-RED CROSS or by visiting soundthealarm.org/NYC.
- Apr. 15: Would you like to run the Boston Marathon for a good cause? Join the American Red Cross Runners on a Mission at the 2019 Boston Marathon. Be a part of our team and run to help deliver hope to those in their greatest time of need. Apply on our website: www.redcross.org/teamredcrossboston or email email@example.com.
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete