|Red Cross volunteers supporting emergency responders at Times Square on New Year's Eve. (Photo: Barry Ritter)|
Last Week in Review
- Every year, rain or shine, a group of Red Cross volunteers help ring in the New Year in Times Square by supporting emergency responders throughout the night with beverages and snacks.
- On New Year’s Eve, dozens of Chinatown residents turned to the Red Cross after a multiple-alarm fire left them homeless.
- Before we closed out the year, several media outlets took a look back at a very busy 2018 for the Red Cross:
- CEO Josh Lockwood on NBC New York with Gus Rosendale
- Long Island Red Cross CEO Neela Mukherjee Lockel on FIOS1 Long Island
- News 12 Brooklyn
- Brooklyn Daily Eagle
- PIX 11
- Last Thursday Long Island Red Cross volunteers helped approximately 40 residents with emergency assistance after a fire in Melville.
- It was an honor to ring the NYSE closing bell on December 26 to raise awareness for the Red Cross mission.
- On December 20, we teamed up with ACS and FDNY to announce a new partnership to help #EndHomeFires by installing free smoke alarms in homes and educating families on fire safety.
- Over the last several days on Instagram we looked back at some of our favorite photos of 2018.
Upcoming Events & Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Volunteer Screener, Disaster Action Team Member, Recruitment Support Member, Recovery Caseworker, Mass Care Team Member. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Jan 4, 7, 8, 11: Red Cross blood drives will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Greater NY Red Cross building located at 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today!
- Jan 13: The American Red Cross is heading to the #Bronx to install FREE smoke alarms and provide fire safety information to area residents. Sign up today for your FREE smoke alarm by calling 877-REDCROSS or visiting soundthealarm.org/NYC.
- Apr 15: Would you like to run the Boston Marathon for a good cause? Join the American Red Cross Runners on a Mission at the 2019 Boston Marathon. Be a part of our team and run to help deliver hope to those in their greatest time of need. Apply on our website: www.redcross.org/teamredcrossboston or email firstname.lastname@example.org