|GNY Red Cross volunteers opened two emergency shelters |
in Southeast Brooklyn and Jamaica St in Queens (Photo: Ronnie Rigos).
Last Week in Review
- Last Friday, ABC7 reported a fire on Ogden Ave in the Bronx where the Red Cross assisted 18 people with emergency housing.
- Check out our "Three Questions" interview with two of our interns about their experience installing smoke alarms and educating residents about fire safety in Co-op City in the Bronx. #EndHomeFires
- Senator John C. Liu and Councilman Barry Grodenchik stopped by on Thursday to observe and address attendees who came out to the Emergency Preparedness Training we conducted as part of our partnership with JASA at one of their centers in Queens Village.
- On Thursday, Mastercard employees participated in a Red Cross Disaster Response training. #BePrepared.
- As a Red Cross Disaster Responder, Ashira Konigsburg is one of the first to arrive at the scene of an emergency, soon after First Responders. Read about her experience in our Instagram series #MyRedCrossLife.
- On Monday, we opened two emergency shelters to assist those without power in Southeast Brooklyn and Jamaica St in Queens.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Disaster Action Team Member, Mass Care Team Member, Citizen Preparedness Corps Presenter, Financial Statistical Information Team Member. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- August 1: Join us for an evening with the American Red Cross to support disaster relief. The event will be from 6 to 8 pm on Long Island at Calissa in Water Mill. Purchase tickets at https://one.bidpal.net/whenstarscollide