|Red Cross teams have been working around the clock to support affected families from deadly fire in the Bronx.|
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance following more than 40 local disasters. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- Our hearts go out to all affected by Sunday’s tragic fire in the Bronx. Red Cross teams have been working around the clock to support affected families and this work will continue in the days and weeks to come.
- On Saturday morning, the Red Cross assisted 3 families with emergency housing and financial assistance after a fire on Grand Concourse in the Bronx. ABC7 and News12 reported on the fire.
- On Thursday, our Greater NY Communications Officer chatted with the Washington Post about what to do if you get stranded in your car in a snowstorm.
- Last week, we posted a new web story about Bronx resident and veteran Mike Deleon, who volunteers in multiple roles at the Red Cross.
- Last Monday, the Red Cross rang the NYSE closing bell in celebration of National Blood Donor Month.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Jan 19: Join us for a Volunteer Info Session to learn about our many volunteer opportunities and how you can apply.
- Are you ready to turn your compassion into action? As a Disaster Casework volunteer, you will connect directly with people affected by disasters big and small to help them take the next steps in their recovery. Sign up here.