|Red Cross volunteers supporting residents from the fatal fire in the Bronx. (Photo: Maria Anguiano)|
Last Week in Review
- All last week, Red Cross volunteers continued helping Bronx residents following last Sunday’s tragedy. Our teams have since been providing relief to affected families at the NYC Service Center at Monroe College.
- With freezing temperatures throughout the week, we shared these winter safety tips to help people prepare and stay safe.
- Last Friday, our regional CEO Mary Barneby spoke to PIX11News about the national blood crisis.
- We also shared the story of Ann Connerty, a repeat donor, who came out to a Greenwich blood drive last December. Learn more about how you can donate.
- Also on Friday, Long Island Red Cross volunteers provided emergency assistance to 4 families after a fire on 2nd St in Mineola (Nassau County).