|Red Cross on the scene of the Fox Street explosion/fire in the Bronx.|
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 141 adults and 39 children following 47 local disaster responses. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- Last Saturday, the Red Cross assisted 9 families (16 adults/10 children) displaced by an apartment fire in New Rochelle. Volunteers provided emergency funds, comfort kits and other assistance at a nearby reception center.
- Last Tuesday, Red Cross helped families displaced by fatal explosion/fire on Fox Street in the Bronx. FOX 5 NY and News12 reported on the fire.
- Red Cross Regional Sr. Director John Waldman, showed his appreciation and support to NYC Council Member Rafael Salamanca for his help following the Fox Street explosion/fire.
- Amid the national blood crisis, we shared the stories of regular blood donors Aubrey Mead Jr. and Kristin Miloro who regularly come out to give. Learn more about how you can donate.
- Last week, the Red Cross honored Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. To celebrate the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr, we asked readers to sign up to be a Red Cross volunteer.
- Nurses and other health professionals are needed for a lifesaving mission. Become a Red Cross Volunteer today and join our Disaster Health Services team.