|Regional CEO Mary Barneby interviewed by NBC NY on the work of the Red Cross.|
Last Week in Review
- In Honor of Clara’s 200th birthday on December 25, Governor Kathy Hochul sent a special citation to “honor her lifetime of humanitarian work, dedication to lifesaving programs and services, and lasting impact on the American public”.
- Our local Red Cross volunteers traveled to Colorado to support residents displaced by the wildfires.
- Last Thursday, the Daily Voice reported that the Long Island Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 5 families displaced after a fire on Clent Road in Great Neck (Nassau County).
- As the year came to a close, we are shared a few of our most powerful Red Cross images from 2021.
- Regional CEO Mary Barneby was live on PIX11 and NBC NY to discuss our work over the last 12 months in Greater NY and across the country.
- Last Monday, News12 reported that the Red Cross assisted 2 families displaced by a fire that broke out in East Flatbush, Brooklyn.
- Last week, Patch.com posted an article about our services after a Christmas Day fire in Yonkers that displaced several families.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Are you ready to turn your compassion into action? As a Disaster Casework volunteer, you will connect directly with people affected by disasters big and small to help them take the next steps in their recovery. Sign up here.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.