|Red Cross GNY setting up Shelter for those affected by a fire in Harrison, NY.|
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 137 adults and 41 children after 49 local disaster responses. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- We hope you all had a good Thanksgiving! This past week, we shared some travel safety tips for a safe visit to your loved ones.
- We also shared Turkey Frying Tips and Safety for Oven Fires.
- Our Regional CEO Mary Barneby shared this special message of gratitude for our staff, volunteers, friends, and family.
- As the year winds down, we started sharing our Images of the Year series of photos, starting with this one from last January of our Red Cross team members at a vigil following a devasting fire in the Bronx.
- To those who donated blood recently, we gave away an exclusive Red Cross Beanie!
- Following a fire on Calvert St in Harrison, NY, the Red Cross opened a shelter for affected residents at a local community Center.
- Dec 3: The Battle of the Badges Blood Drive is a friendly competition to see which Greenwich emergency response organization can collect the most blood. The event runs from 8 am to 1 pm at the Greenwich Public Safety Complex.
- Dec 9: The American Red Cross Metro New York North Chapter invites you to participate in a holiday season Veterans Clothing Drive.
- Join one of our local teams today! Your gift of time can mean everything to an individual or family that just lost their home. As a Disaster Action Team volunteer, you can be a source of refuge and support when disasters strike.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.