|Red Cross Response Manger Doran Bercovici gives interview to |
CBS NY at the scene of the Hamilton Heights apartment fire.
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 199 adults and 40 children after 50 local disaster responses. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- NY1, FOX 5 NY and CBS NY reported on how the Red Cross assisted 42 displaced families after a massive fire on W 141st in Hamilton Heights, Manhattan on Saturday.
- Congrats to the Greenwich Police Department for winning the annual Battle of the Badges Blood drive!
- Last week, we reviewed some of our best 2022 moments including the New York International Auto Show, New York landmarks across the state lit up bright red for Red Cross Month, and we hosted a series of blood drives at West Point.
- Congratulations to our #LIRedCross Board Members, Gary Brown and Stuart Richner of Richner Communications, Inc. , who were recently recognized by the Nassau Community College Foundation during its annual Gala.
- Nine weeks after Hurricane Ian, Red Cross team members—including 11 from Greater New York— remain on the ground in Florida to support residents recovering from this devastating storm.
- Local volunteers like Metro NY North Volunteer Daniel Neiman has been deployed to Sarasota, FL to do intakes, casework and appeals in the ongoing Hurricane Ian recovery.
- Thank you Congressman Hakeem Jeffries for your support and partnership with the FDNY and the Red Cross to install free smoke alarms in homes. To sign up, visit www.soundthealarm.org/nyc.
- Dec 9: The American Red Cross Metro New York North Chapter invites you to participate in a holiday season Veterans Clothing Drive.
- Join one of our local teams today! Your gift of time can mean everything to an individual or family that just lost their home. As a Disaster Action Team volunteer, you can be a source of refuge and support when disasters strike.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.