Last Week in Review
- The GNY Red Cross ERV team served over 100 volunteers last Saturday in support of the Wreaths Across America event held at the Cypress Hills National Cemetery.
- Our Service to the Armed Forces team joined our Metro NY North Chapter Board to collect and distribute nearly 600 new clothing items for veterans as part of the Holiday for Heroes program.
- Last Friday, ABC7 and CBS NY reported on a 4-alarm fire on Clarkson Ave. in Brooklyn where the Red Cross assisted 11 families.
- The Staten Island Advance reported on Borough President Vito Fossella joining the American Red Cross in Greater New York to install smoke alarms in a Prince’s Bay home Tuesday to raise awareness of our free smoke alarm and fire safety campaign.
- Last Wednesday, one of our amazing volunteers Marilyn Vallejo returned home from Germany after a week spent facilitating Residency Workshops for service members overseas, as part of the SAF program.
- As 2022 winds down, we have been looking back at our work this past year, including Preparedness in the Park, Hurricane Ian in Florida, and the Long Island Heroes Among Us gala.
- Dec 20: NYC Council Member Mercedes Narcisse is co-hosting a Prepare, Respond, Recover: What to Do When Disaster Strikes event over Zoom. Register today!
- Shake up your holiday traditions & give the gift of life. Your blood or platelet donation may help kids fighting cancer, patients waiting for critical surgeries and others facing serious illnesses. #GiveWithMeaning – sign up to give with the Red Cross.
- Join one of our local teams today! Your gift of time can mean anything to an individual or family that just lost their home to a disaster. As a Disaster Action Team volunteer, you can be a source of comfort and support when disaster strikes.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.