|Bowen is one of more than 1750 trained disaster workers from across the |
country who have deployed to help people affected by atmospheric rivers.
Last Week in Review
- Last Saturday, we held a blood drive at the New York International Auto Show and taught CPR to show attendees!
- Laura Olson and Mary Barneby explored their careers, humanitarian service and more as part of Thursday night’s panel discussion, Red Cross Journeys: Women Leaders and Humanitarians.
- Local volunteer Bowen is in California driving a forklift as part of the logistics team to support the Red Cross response to the severe weather that has plagued the Golden State since December.
- Last Thursday, the Preparedness Team had a full and fun day of fire safety training and lots of BBQ at FDNY training academy in Fort Totten.
- Local leaders joined the American Red Cross Metro NY North Board of Directors.
- April 12: Sound the Alarm is coming to Hempstead, Long Island! Sign up for free smoke alarm installations here.
- April 20: #SpringintoAction! Join Us at our Volunteer Information Session to learn about how you can make a difference!
- April 29: The American Red Cross Red & White Ball: A Salute to Service and Valor honors heroes in our community who rise above tremendous obstacles to help others. Military honorees, national and local heroes, and our corporate honoree will share stories that highlight the strength, courage and humanity that is found within each of us.
- May 6: Sound the Alarm is coming to New Rochelle! Sign up for free smoke alarm installations here.