|Sound the Alarm kicked-off in Hempstead, Long Island. (Photo: Glenn Alcott)|
Last Week in Review
- Over the weekend, the Metro NY North Mass Care & Logistics team maintained disaster readiness by holding an in-person shelter simulation.
- Thank you to Hello Taiwan and all of the participating partners and sponsors for your generosity in raising $60,000 to support the Red Cross mission!
- As part of our #SpringIntoAction volunteer recruitment campaign, we debuted this video featuring Disaster Action Team member Greg Dinkel.
- Last Wednesday, the kick-off Sound the Alarm event was held on Long Island where 401 smoke alarms were installed in 75 homes by Home Fire Teams! More photos can be viewed here.
- Last Tuesday, American Red Cross CEO Gail McGovern stopped by our chapter HQ in New York City and held a townhall where she talked about the many facets, challenges and opportunities of the organization.
- April 20: Spring into Action! Join Us at our Volunteer Information Session to learn about how you can make a difference!
- April 29: The American Red Cross Red & White Ball: A Salute to Service and Valor honors heroes in our community who rise above tremendous obstacles to help others. Military honorees, national and local heroes, and our corporate honoree will share stories that highlight the strength, courage and humanity that is found within each of us.
- May 6: Sound the Alarm is coming to New Rochelle! Sign up for free smoke alarm installations here.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.