|Pedro the Preparedness Penguin lends a hand to the Home Fire Team |
installing free smoke alarms in the community. (Photo: Eli Dardis)
Last Week in Review
- Pedro the Penguin took time out of his busy schedule teaching children preparedness to help install free smoke alarms and teach fire safety in the community for Earth Day!
- CBS NY and NY1 reported on the Red Cross assisting 5 households, 13 Adults, 5 children, 2 pets following neighboring homes following the parking garage collapse on Ann St in Lower Manhattan.
- We were so thrilled to have NYS DHSES Commissioner Bray join us for our triboard retreat this week. We are so proud of our partnership to help prepare, respond and recovery from emergencies across New York!
- Just one person can make a difference. We learned this lesson from Terry Jenik, Red Cross volunteer and recipient Certificate of Merit for her heroic actions that saved a life.
- This #nationalvolunteerweek, Service to the Armed Forces Director Gregg Porter recognized volunteer Robert Bernstein with a challenge coin for his impact in supporting military members, veterans and their families across the Greater NY Region.
- We published a new blog post “3 Questions with volunteer John Angulat” who joined the Red Cross in 2018 and is an active member of the Disaster Action Team.
- Last Tuesday, Council member Carmen De La Rosa stopped by our office to record a PSA supporting the “Sound the Alarm” fire safety campaign.
- Lohud.com and News 12 reported on the Metro NY North Red Cross Chapter responding to a multi-family fire in White Plains (Westchester County) by setting up a reception center for the 8 households displaced.
- We celebrated volunteers at our Chapter Office #NationalVolunteerWeek!
- April 29: The American Red Cross Red & White Ball: A Salute to Service and Valor honors heroes in our community who rise above tremendous obstacles to help others. Military honorees, national and local heroes, and our corporate honoree will share stories that highlight the strength, courage and humanity that is found within each of us.
- May 6: Sound the Alarm is coming to New Rochelle! Sign up for free smoke alarm installations here.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.