|Red Cross volunteers at Senator Bailey's Barebeque|
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross has provided emergency assistance to 117 adults and 34 children following 41 local disasters. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- Last Saturday, our Disaster Preparedness volunteers joined Senator Jamaal T. Bailey and friends at his barbeque in the Bronx's District 36, handing out information and demonstrating CPR.
- Thanks to our Long Island team members and volunteers who attended our Disaster Cycle Service Meeting at the Brentwood Public Library on Friday!
- State Senator Alexis Weik and NY Assemblymember Carmen De La Rosa helped to “Sound the Alarm” about home fires with a video message.
- Last week, we featured blood donor Tiffany, who lives with her husband, Lt. Col. Steven Elgan, at the West Point military base with their 7 children.
- July 17 marked the anniversary of the Queens Blackout of 2006.
- July 28, 31: Join us at our Blood Drive at Masonic Hall and Home and our Blood Drive with Avalon Somers! Schedule to donate using sponsor code: MNH (28) or Somers (31)
- NYC Civic Corps is accepting applications for an open AmeriCorps position. View the position details here.
- Become a Donor Center Phlebotomist at the Jill and John Coyle Blood Donor Center in Greenwich, Conn. Click here to apply!
- September 18: Get tickets for Clara’s Council Kickoff: Are you a young woman professional who is passionate about helping others? Do you want to be part of positive change? We invite you to join the American Red Cross in Greater New York for the 2023-2024 kick-off of Clara’s Council!
- October 26: Get tickets for the Long Island Heroes Celebration: the signature fundraising event for the American Red Cross on Long Island.