|Attendees and panelists at the "We Were There" panel discussion on natural disasters.
Last Week in Review
- On Sunday we celebrated International Day of Friendship. Come join us to volunteer and make new friendships that will last a lifetime.
- We were delighted to continue our “We Were There” panel series at GNYHQ with our panelists Dario J. Diaz Jr., Sal Montoro, and Brian Gerber, as well as our moderator Madeleine Bamford.
- State Senator Iwen Chu helped to “Sound the Alarm” about home fires with this video PSA.
- Last Wednesday, the GNY Red Cross team were guest speakers at the “Emergency Preparedness Workshop” in Brighton Beach.
- Last Tuesday, our preparedness team visited Mount Vernon to share how residents can prepare and protect themselves and their families against home fires, floods and other emergencies. ABC7 and News12 reported the GNY Red Cross assisted five households affected by a Castle Hill Avenue fire last Monday.
- We spotlighted West Point Cadets and blood donors Emma Arndt and Jackie Comeau who are both athletes and actively recruited by the United States Military Academy out of high school.
- Our NYC Senior Disaster Program Manager Uikki met with Bishop James Pullings Jr. of the Church of God in Christ in Queens to discuss how our organizations can partner to build more resilient communities.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Aug 8: Join Senator Alexis Weik at our “Prepare, Respond, Recover” event at the Sachem Public Library wherein you’ll receive free emergency preparedness training! The event will take place both in person and over Zoom.
- Sept 18: Are you a young woman professional who is passionate about helping others? Do you want to be part of positive change? We invite you to join the American Red Cross in Greater New York for the 2023-2024 kick-off of Clara’s Council!
- Oct 26: Get tickets for the Long Island Heroes Celebration: the signature fundraising event for the American Red Cross on Long Island.
- Become a Donor Center Phlebotomist at the Jill and John Coyle Blood Donor Center in Greenwich, Conn. Click here to apply!