|Red Crossers rang in the New Year at Times Square by supporting first responders. (Photo: Eric Strausman)
Last Week in Review
- Red Crossers rang in the New Year at Times Square by supporting first responders from the afternoon to the ball drop at midnight!
- Earlier in the evening, PIX11 interviewed Red Cross responder Sean Patrick McNerney about how the Red Cross was assisting residents on Schenck Boulevard in East New York after a fire displaced 80 residents.
- As with every Christmas Day, we also celebrated the birthday of our iconic founder Clara Barton.
- Long Island Disaster Action Team member Mitchell Ostrover spoke with News12 after a December 28 fire in Roslyn.
- On December 21, our NYC Disaster Action Team responded to a fire on 9th St in Brooklyn and provided emergency assistance to 4 families.
- On December 20, the Greater New York Red Cross opened up a Service Center to assist 88 households after a 5-alarm fire on 39th street in Sunnyside, Queens. See news coverage from CBS2, FOX5, ABC7, PIX11, USA Today, and more.
- Hear why Raymona Dawkins volunteers with the Sound the Alarm program.
- Senator Jessica Scarcella-Spanton helped “Sound the Alarm” about home fires with this PSA.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- New Year, New Goals! Add volunteering to your resolution list by becoming a Red Cross volunteer. Get started by learning about our most-needed volunteer positions, here.#ResolveToVolunteer
- Jan 3: Don’t wrap up 2023 without signing up to give blood or platelets! You can help give a patient hope for a brighter 2024. Join us for the Do It for Jason blood drive on January 3 or schedule your blood or platelet donation for another day.
- Jan 12: Join national Red Cross leaders Brad Kieserman, Jennifer Pipa, and Koby Langley at a Special Town Hall Meeting. They will provide an update on operations across the country, share their vision for 2024, and answer your questions. RSVP via this link.
- Jan 27: Come join us at the In Person Volunteer Open House to discuss our open volunteer positions, answer questions and assist with the volunteer application process. Snacks will be provided after the presentation.