|Students of Primrose Elementary assembled comfort kits for Stephanie Crispinelli Day. (Photo: Carolyn Sherwin)|
Last Week in Review
- Many thanks to Long Island Red Cross volunteers who assisted this family who lost their their home of 65 years to a fire on Sunday.
- On Saturday, the Metro New York North Red Cross held a lively Bulk Distribution 101 class at our Middletown Warehouse site. #AlwaysBeTraining
- For our latest #MyRedCrossLife Instagram, we discovered what was Long Island Red Cross volunteer Trudy Culley's most memorable experience during her deployment to Georgia for tornado relief. Trudy was also featured last week in the Williston Times.
- On Thursday, Red Cross Board Members including John "Ozzy" Osborne "walked the talk" by getting CPR trained.
- It’s not every day we respond to a fire and help neighbors across the street from our office. That happened last Wednesday.
- For Valentines Day, we wanted to share the story of three couples who are brought closer together through volunteering at the Red Cross: Rick and Nancy Stein, Deborah Kerr and Michael Hoeft and Conrad and Sarah Meyer.
- Also on Tuesday, students of Primrose Elementary School and Somers High School along with Metro New York North Red Crossers assembled nearly 150 special comfort kits for Stephanie Crispinelli Day, a wonderful annual event to honor the memory of a remarkable humanitarian.
- Just in time for the Westminster Dog Show, we shared 9 tips for keeping your pets warm and safe this winter.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- Feb 21, 24, 27: Red Cross blood drive: 2 to 7pm: 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- Mar 4: Metro New York North Red Cross will be holding its annual Volunteer Recognition Event at the Anthony's Pier 9 in New Windsor, NY.
- Mar 6: The Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross is a free 2-hour class that describes the history of these Principles that guide the work and decisions of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. RSVP today to learn more about this vital international component of the Red Cross.
- Mar 23: Please join us at the American Red Cross for a panel discussion, HEALTH CARE IN DANGER - Violence Against Medical Assistance in Armed Conflict, featuring a distinguished group of panelists. This event is part of an international public awareness campaign spearheaded by the International Committee of the Red Cross in 2011 to address this violence and ensure safe access to and delivery of health care in armed conflict and other emergencies. RSVP here today.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.