|"Today, I joined the redcrossny staff, fdny, my colleagues & several volunteers to |
support the RedCross 'Sound the Alarm' campaign." - Senator Kevin Parker via Twitter
Last Week in Review
- As covered by the New York Daily News, our huge “Sound the Alarm” fire safety push wrapped up this Saturday in Brooklyn where we installed hundreds of free smoke alarms. Go team! We were aided in our mission by partners like MIRA, the FDNY, and Senator Kevin Parker.
- Volunteers were also out and about Friday in Long Island with us to help #EndHomeFires. It’s with the help of all of these remarkable people that we are able to slowly but surely combat these disasters and save lives.
- Over the weekend, we got pumped for our SoulCycle Charity Ride to benefit the Red Cross Metro NY North chapter in honor of Board Member Stephanie Cowie.
- Early Saturday morning, a fire displaced more than 40 residents in Yonkers. Red Cross volunteers were on the scene with other emergency officials to provide help and hope.
- On Thursday, the wonderful ladies of our Tiffany Circle got together for the “Woman Who Lead” luncheon and panel discussion. Check out our event Flickr gallery.
- A team of AmeriCorps and other Red Cross volunteers headed to the Bronx on Thursday and Glen Cove on Tuesday to teach fire safety and hurricane preparedness to over 400 students with our Pillowcase Project.
- Speaking of our Pillowcase Project, this past Monday boy scouts in Lindenhurst also participated, learning useful tips for disaster preparedness. These guys are rock stars!
- Tuesday was World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day. One out of every 25 people in the world are helped by our volunteers every year. We took the time to celebrate these volunteers who come together every day to make a difference!
- Red Cross staff and volunteers conducted tabletop exercises to stimulate disaster responses.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- If you’re a mission-focused undergraduate or graduate college student seeking a meaningful internship experience, then apply to our Red Cross program—a rare opportunity to explore and enrich your future career prospects while serving others. Apply here: http://bit.ly/2x9lnqV
- May 17, 18, 19, 21: Red Cross blood drives will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Greater NY Red Cross building located at 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- May 17: The American Red Cross Young Patrons are hosting an “Evening Under the Stars,” a summer rooftop networking soiree. You can find out more and buy tickets here.
- May 19: We will partner with the New York City Fire Department (FDNY) and FDNY Foundation to help "Sound the Alarm" by installing free smoke alarms in Queens. Learn more by clicking here.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.