|Greater NY Red Crossers deployed to the Carolinas for Hurricane Florence Relief. (Photo: Vivian Moy)|
Last Week in Review
- Throughout the week, we supported our colleagues in the Carolinas as they prepared for and ultimately began to respond to Hurricane Florence. By Sunday, more than 40 of our team members had deployed to help, including Neela Lockel, Vivian Moy and Eli Russ.
- On Sunday, Long Island Red Cross volunteers installed 75 smoke alarms in Suffolk County as part of the Sound the Alarm Fire Safety Campaign.
- News 12 spoke to both Long Island Red Cross CEO Neela Mukherjee Lockel and Mass Care Manager Eli Russ about how local Red Crossers are doing their part to help in the Hurricane Florence recovery effort.
- Greater New York CEO Josh Lockwood spoke with Vivian Lee of NY1 about the remarkable support Red Crossers are providing to families impacted by the Hurricane.
- Newsday also chatted with a few of our Long Island team members deploying to North Carolina.
- Last Thursday, we hosted and livestreamed a panel discussion with the some of the producers and actors of the film BEL CANTO as well as ICRC representatives. The movie is loosely based on an actual hostage crisis that took place in Lima, Peru in 1996 and 1997 during which ICRC played a key role as a neutral intermediary and negotiator.
- Tuesday marked the 17th Anniversary of the September 11th Terrorist Attacks. We took a moment to #NeverForget those we lost and recognize the Red Crossers who responded to the event.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- Sept 18, 21, 22: Red Cross blood drives will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Greater NY Red Cross building located at 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan and other locations. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- Oct 10: Join us for the annual American Red Cross: Heroes Among Us gala at the Ziegfeld Ballroom to celebrate the civic leaders and heroic individuals who embody our humanitarian mission.
- Nov 4: The American Red Cross Greater New York Region is proud to Run for the Red in November at the TCS New York City Marathon. Come be a part of Team Red Cross and sign up by Thursday, September 13! Space is limited, so secure your spot today! For more information, contact Bob Estremera at NYCmarathon@redcross.org or 212-875-2091.
If you are a new net user afterward you need to visit constantly this web page and read more the updated posts at same here.ReplyDelete