|The Greater NY Red Cross kicked off the lifesaving #MissingTypes campaign on |
World Blood Donor Day on the Today Show.
Last Week in Review
- Last Thursday, NBC4 reported that the Red Cross provided emergency assistance following a massive fire in Brooklyn.
- Hundreds of trained Red Cross volunteers, including several from Greater NY continued helping in the Midwest after tornadoes and flooding. We are providing safe shelter, food, relief supplies and support to people in need.
- On Thursday night, our Red Cross Young Patrons group gathered in Soho for our annual Summer Soiree. Amazing energy and support from these leaders!
- On Wednesday, we launched the lifesaving #MissingTypes campaign just prior to World Blood Donor Day. To mark the occasion, we took part in this Today Show segment.
- Last Wednesday, we took part in a Mass Casualty Incident exercise during the 2019 NYC VOAD Annual Meeting.
- On Wednesday, state senator Leroy Comrie partnered with the American Red Cross and the FDNY to provide free smoke alarms to Queens residents.
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Volunteer Screener, Home Fire Campaign Team Member, Disaster Action Team Member, Recovery Caseworker, Pillowcase Presenter. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 21: Red Cross blood drives will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Greater NY Red Cross building located at 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.