|Red Cross Volunteer Mark Gordon assisted local neighborhood through disasters. (Photo: Lisa Weatherbee)|
Last Week in Review
- On Saturday, we held the GNY Regional Exercise in White Plains, a full-scale exercise simulating a mass casualty event.
- CBS New York reported the partial collapse of a building in the Bronx, where the Red Cross assisted 26 adults, 12 children and six pets.
- Check out the “Three Questions…” interview to the Red Cross Disaster Responder Mark Gordon in our blog.
- Following a recent spate of severe weather in the Midwest, over 900 trained Red Cross disaster workers from across the country continue helping across seven states, providing support to people in need. Among those providing assistance are several volunteers from Greater NY.
- Last Monday, several Red Cross Volunteers honored our brave servicemen and women for #MemorialDayand participated in the Memorial Day Parade.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Volunteer Screener, Home Fire Campaign Team Member, Disaster Action Team Member, Recovery Caseworker, Pillowcase Presenter. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- June 4, 7: Red Cross blood drives will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Greater NY Red Cross building located at 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- June 6: Join us for an extraordinary evening at the Long Island Red Cross Gala – Heroes Among Us! For over 100 years the American Red Cross on Long Island has helped the community prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies. Get your tickets here.
- June 13: Please join the Red Cross Young Patrons for 'An Evening Under the Stars', a summer rooftop soiree to support the Red Cross, featuring an open bar, dinner, and live music. Doors open at 7pm. Get your tickets here.
- June 17-23: Travel to Solferino, Italy for a Historic Red Cross Celebration! For the first time, an unofficial, self-funded delegation of American Red Cross volunteers and staff from the United States will journey to Solferino to take part in this annual event that includes a battle reenactment, musical entertainment, special speakers, a learning academy, a youth conference, group events and guided tours. If you’re interested in traveling to Solferino as part of this group, please ‘like’ and ‘follow’ the American Red Cross Solferino2019 Facebook page or visit the American Red Cross Solferino website, where you can find detailed information about registering.
--> --> -->