|Long Island Red Cross Home fire Volunteers installed 83 alarms in Suffolk County. Photo: Lori-Ann Pizzarelli|
Last Week in Review
- On Sunday, Sr. Director of Disaster Operations, Trevor Riggen was an Eminent Judge at the 2019 IBM Call for Code Global Challenge. Congratulations to the winning team Prometeo for their innovative AI technology.
- Red Cross volunteer Vivian Moy tweets her adventure! She spoke at our national headquarters in DC about the annual the Red Cross celebrations in Solferino, Italy last June.
- We are thankful to our Long Island Red Cross Volunteers for their dedication to providing safety to their community. They installed 83 alarms in Suffolk County on Saturday.
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies teams have been participating in the trending #TetrisChallenge,
- This Thursday, we recognized #WorldMentalHealthDay by sharing our first podcast episode, a conversation with psychologist Alec Cecil.
- Get a preview of our Heroes Among Us Red Cross Gala at the Ziegfeld Ballroom in Manhattan this Wednesday. This year we’ll be honoring and recognizing Jeff Vacirca, MD (CEO of NYCBS), HBO, JLL, CPR Heroes and Paradise, CA Wildfire Heroes.
- This #FirePreventionWeek our community leaders are taking action. Join Congresswoman Nydia Velazquez, Senator Andrea Stewart-Cousins, Congressman Adriano Espaillat, and Senator John Brooks in helping promote fire safety.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Volunteer Recovery Caseworker, Engagement Volunteer, Disaster Mental Health. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Oct 16: We will celebrate the 2019 Red Cross Heroes Among Us Gala at the Ziegfeld Ballroom, New York.
- Nov 6: Join us at The American Red Cross of Greater New York's volunteer fair event from 2pm to 6 pm! Explore volunteer opportunities from over 20 of the most profound disaster relief non-profit organizations in the NYC area. Sign up here.