- Thrilled to launch our inaugural podcast series last week! On our first episode, we chatted with Alec Cecil, volunteer and psychologist who provides emotional support following local emergencies as well as disasters outside our region.
- Throughout the weekend, our Red Cross teams helped dozens of families displaced by a massive fire on Grand Concourse in the Bronx. Thank you to all who have supported these efforts.
- We joined the 30th Anniversary of Yorktown Community Day on Saturday, sharing some fire safety tips at the Jefferson Valley Mall.
- Big thanks to the Common Man restaurants and their patrons for supporting the Red Cross response to Hurricane Dorian.
- On Friday, our Board Members were invited to represent the Red Cross at the Long Island Association autumn luncheon in Woodbury, New York.
- Our Red Cross Gala is approaching! At the event, we will honor a group of heroes from last year’s devastating California wildfires. Check out this video we shared last Friday on social media.
- On Monday, ABC 7, Newsday, LI Herald and Patch reported on a large fire on Valley Stream (Long Island), where Red Cross teams aided four displaced families.
- Half Hollow Hills invited us to their school to teach emergency preparedness.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Volunteer Recovery Caseworker, Engagement Volunteer, Disaster Mental Health. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 16, 2019: We will celebrate the 2019 Red Cross Heroes Among Us Gala at the Ziegfeld Ballroom, New York.
- November 6, 2019: Join us at The American Red Cross of Greater New York's volunteer fair event from 2pm to 6 pm! Explore volunteer opportunities from over 20 of the most profound disaster relief non-profit organizations in the NYC area. Sign up here.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.