|Red Cross Volunteers invited to sit in the Judge's Chamber section of
Yankees Stadium during play-offs. (Photo: Zivia Ackerman)
Last Week in Review
- On Sunday, PIX11 news reported a Brooklyn apartment fire that left 12 people displaced. On the scene was Greater NY Red Cross Responder, Sebastian Alverius providing information and aid to those in need during the fire.
- Over the weekend, Greater NY Red Cross formalized its community partnership with MiraistasUSA by signing a Memorandum of Understanding.
- We are grateful to Congressman Hakeem Jeffries who joined volunteers in installing free smoke alarms in his community.
- Last Friday, the New York Yankees recognized our hard-working Red Cross volunteers after their quick response to the 5-Alarm fire on Grand Concourse, by inviting them to Friday night's playoff win.
- We said farewell to Metro NY North Red Cross CEO Mary Young. Best wishes! You'll be missed!
- Wonderful news at the Metro NY North Chapter All-Hands Meeting! Debbie Bausenwein was promoted to Chapter Care Coordinator, and Mass Care Manager Shonda Scott receives certificate for becoming a Core Capability Volunteer.
- The second episode of our "Humanitarians of NY" podcast is available now! Red Cross Volunteer Vivian Moy shares with us her adventure to Solferino, Italy, the birthplace of the Red Cross.
- Last Wednesday, we held our annual #RedCrossGala celebrating "Heroes Among Us." Congrats to all our honorees: Heroes of the Paradise, CA Wildfires, local good samaritans who saved lives with CPR, JLL and Dr. Jeff Vacirca and HBO
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Volunteer Recovery Caseworker, Engagement Volunteer, Disaster Spiritual Care, Emergency Management Agency Team. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nov 6: Join us at our Volunteer Fair from 2pm to 6 pm! Explore volunteer opportunities from over 20 disaster relief non-profit organizations in the NYC area.
- Nov 14: Join the Red Cross Young Patrons' Old Hollywood Soirée for a night of conversation, drinks, live music and old Hollywood enchantment at the beautiful and historic Players Club on Gramercy Park.