|Red Cross rang the opening bell of Nasdaq in honor of National Blood Donor Month.|
Last Week in Review
- Our Chief Regional Disaster Officer Dario Diaz traveled to Puerto Rico as part of a delegation with NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo to tour earthquake-affected areas in the southeast portion of the island.
- Last Thursday, we had a fun morning in Times Square ringing the Nasdaq Opening Bell in honor of #NationalBloodDonorMonth. Check out some pics here.
- Red Cross assisted 18 people on Wednesday, after a large fire on Morris Ave in the Bronx left several families homeless.
- West Point Biomedical Donor Ambassadors supported the United States Military Program Blood Drive at West Point over three days. Thanks to all our volunteers for their support!
- Last week, we posted a photo essay from a fire in late 2019: On a cold November night, our Red Cross DAT team responded to a Bronx fire where the Sambula family lost everything. Thank you to Red Cross volunteer photographer Kevin Suttlehan for the great pictures.
- Thanks to all Bank of America volunteers who assembled 350 comfort kits and wrote 100 cards for service members at an Service to the Armed Forces event.
- Congrats to our Metro NY North Logistics Member and Pet Therapy Volunteer, Bud Schuck, for receiving the Volunteer of the Quarter award.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Community Relations Ambassador, Volunteer Recovery Caseworker, Emergency Communications Center, Volunteer Screener. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jan 20: Come to our American Red Cross Metro NY North office in Hawthorne at 6:30 pm to learn about how you can get involved as a volunteer.
- Jan 22: Come to our American Red Cross regional HQ in Manhattan at 6:00 pm to learn about how you can get involved as a volunteer.
- Apr 25: Save the Date for the Metro New York North Red and White Ball!