Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 65 adults and 10 children following 27 local disasters. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- On Friday, we shared a new podcast episode featuring volunteer Phil Cogan who is supporting our disaster response work from his home in Manhattan during Coronavirus. We also featured him on Instagram.
- Also on Friday, we shared a new #MyRedCrossLife Instagram post featuring dedicated volunteer Kim Taylor.
- For World Health Day, we recognized health care workers around the world for their everyday heroism and sacrifices – especially during this #COVID19 pandemic.
- Last Tuesday, The Examiner Media shared an article about Steps to Take to Address Your Mental Health During a Pandemic, featuring one of our mental health leads Alec Cecil Red Crosser.
- We have modified our course offerings to keep our new and recertifying First Aid/CPR and BLS students up to date on important lifesaving skills. Learn more by visiting: https://rdcrss.org/2VaZJga
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Service to the Armed Forces Caseworker, Mass Care, Team Member, Disaster Health Services, Volunteer Screener. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To find a blood drive near you click here.
- April 16: Join us for a fun hour of BINGO!, everyone's favorite game of chance! This will take place via WebEx at 6:00 pm. Click here to register and receive further instructions.
- Join us at any of the followings Virtual Volunteer Orientations
- April 16: from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Online Info Session: Exploring Your Volunteer Satisfaction
- April 21: from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm, and from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm (In celebration of the founding of the American Red Cross)
- April 22: from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm, and from 6:30 pm to 7:30 (Celebrating Volunteer Week)
- Join us at any of the followings Prepare, Respond, Recover: What to do when disasters strikes webinars
- April 14: from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
- April 16: from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- April 21: from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
- April 23: from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- Join us at any of the followings Virtual Spring 2020 All Hands Meetings