Our team is proud to be part of the NYC Healthcare Heroes initiative! The program will provide at
least 300,000 packages to the more than 100,000 New York City healthcare professionals.
Last Week in Review
- Last week, we proudly joined the NYC Health Care Heroes initiative to support healthcare personnel across NYC hospitals. Honored to stand alongside Aramark, Robinhood NYC, NYC Mayors Fund and The Debra and Leon Black Family to support.
- Last Friday, we hosted the first VIRTUAL preparedness class for kids via our Pillowcase Project initiative. More than 35 children logged on from their homes. Check out the upcoming events at the bottom of this page for a full schedule of all our virtual preparedness classes starting this week.
- On Thursday, celebrating heroes in Greenwich, the Red Cross joined Greenwich Police, EMS, and Fire Departments, and some of our partners from Port Chester and Westchester County, for a drive along to show our gratitude to the staff at Greenwich Hospital. We are so grateful for their service!
- On Tuesday, Red Cross volunteers on Long Island partnered with the East Northport Salvation Army to deliver 32 grocery food boxes to 20 families in the Huntington area.
- Early last week, our Long Island CEO Neela Mukherjee Lockel spoke with Jus Punjabi TV about the work of the Red Cross during the COVID-19 outbreak as part of their Helpline segment.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Service to the Armed Forces Caseworker, Volunteer Services Screener, Mass Care Team Member, Disaster Health Services. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- To find a blood drive near you click here.
- April 21, 22, 23: Explore your volunteer satisfaction in these terrific live online sessions. The Volunteer Services Engagement Team will explain how we evaluate the volunteer experience, and present our vision for volunteer engagement.
- April 21 (GNY), 23 (Metro NYN): Join us at any of the following Virtual Spring 2020 All Hands Meetings, which are a way for volunteers to learn about important events, updates, and improvements.
- April 22, 29, May 6, 13, 20: The goal of the Pillowcase Project Virtual Sessions is to help create a generation of children who understand the science of hazards, are empowered to take action preparing for emergencies and are excited to help create a prepared community by sharing what they have learned with family and friends. Register for an online session here.