|Red Cross's mental health tips were featured on Morgan Stanley's billboards in Times Square.|
Last Week In Review
- Over the weekend, the Red Cross helped 12 residents affected by a fire on Uniondale Avenue, Uniondale NY.
- Last week, Red Cross volunteers distributed care packages to hospital staff at NYU's Kimmel Center, Staten Island University Hospital and Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital at NYU Langone as part of the Healthcare Heroes Initiative.
- Red Cross’s mental health tips were featured on Morgan Stanley’s billboards in Broadway, Times Square.
- Here is how Red Cross is still carrying out its humanitarian work nationally during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- One of our dedicated volunteers, Christina, delivered 200 pizzas donated by Papa John’s Pizza, to support families served by The Salvation Army in Brooklyn, Queens, and Northport, NY.
- Our Metro New York North Chapter CEO donated blood last Tuesday at The Belle Haven Club, at a drive that our Board member, Janine Kennedy organized. 25 pints were collected, helping 75 patients in hospitals.
- Red Cross’s Metro New York North team hosted Safety Town, helping young kids learn about safety at school, home, and in their communities.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Blood Donor Screener, Disaster Spiritual Care Team Member, Disability Integration Program Team Member, Community Relations Ambassador. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To find a blood drive near you click here.
- June 15: The Long Island Red Cross is hosting its annual Gala: Heroes Among Us 2020 virtually this year.
- June 16, 25, 30: Online preparedness: In partnership with New York State, the Red Cross is providing free online training on how to prepare for natural and man-made disasters. Register for an online session here.
- June 16: The Red Cross and State Senator Kevin Thomas are hosting the virtual event Prepare, Respond, Recover: What to do When Disaster Strikes
- June 17, 24: Pillowcase Project Virtual Sessions: The goal of this program is to help create a generation of children empowered to take action preparing for emergencies. Register for an online session here.
- June 17: Tiffany Circle of Women Leaders presents Delivering Our Humanitarian Mission Through the COVID-19 Pandemic and Civil Unrest, featuring Red Cross President and CEO, Gail McGovern.