|Red Cross volunteers at the National Night Out in Brentwood.|
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 103 adults and 33 children for 51 local disaster responses. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below.)
Last Week in Review
- According to Newsday, the Red Cross was called in to help some of the families impacted by a massive blaze in Hempstead early Friday morning.
- Last week News 12 reported that the Red Cross aided residents displaced by a three-alarm fire at an apartment complex in Montrose on Friday night.
- On Tuesday, one of our ERVs made a pit stop at the National Night Out in Brentwood, NY, a drug abuse and violence prevention awareness event. We set up shop to greet the community and support the cause.
- Also on Tuesday, we teamed up with NY Assemblyman Chris Burdick for a virtual presentation on disaster preparedness.
- We co-hosted a Red Cross Ready livestream Monday with Greenwich Selectwoman Lauren Rabin.
- The New Haven Register published a photo series highlighting Red Cross blood drive efforts in Greenwich, which were held Monday.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- August 10: We’re presenting an online disaster preparedness seminar with NY Assemblyman Mike Lawier.
- August 17: Join us for a virtual informational session about volunteering with the American Red Cross in Greater New York. Register by signing up on our Eventbrite page