|Navy Reservist and Greater NY Red Cross Regional Preparedness Manager Jason Lyons on duty with Red Cross.|
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross has provided emergency assistance to 124 adults and 40 children following 41 local disaster responses. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- Thursday morning, Newsday reported on a Long Island house fire where the Red Cross provided assistance to multiple families.
- Also on Thursday, 30 summer campers in Manhattan learned about emergency preparedness through the Pillowcase Project at the Chelsea Recreation Center.
- Reserve + National Guard Magazine spotlighted our own Regional Preparedness Manager, Jason Lyons on his military career and his international disaster work with the Red Cross.
- On Wednesday, we partnered with the Greenwich Fire Department to give Eddy, the grandchild of one of our Metro NY North volunteers, the special experience of being their Fire Chief for the day.
- Last week, the Red Cross provided emergency housing and financial assistance to families affected by a Bronx apartment fire.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Take action and make a difference this July. Every day volunteers are needed to provide vital services to people forced from their homes because of home fires, storms and other emergencies. Apply here to become a Mass Care volunteer today!
- July 14: Now is the perfect time to join us and get trained to help your local community! Learn about positions with disaster preparedness, communications, volunteer services and more at this Volunteer Info Session.
- August 2: Register now for the Red Cross Blood Drive sponsored by OGS at the Empire State Plaza!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.