|Bethpage High School Red Cross Club members and Long Island Red Cross volunteers |
hand out waters to participants at the 2022 Wounded Warrior Soldier Ride in Babylon, NY. (Photo: Vito Reciniello)
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross has provided emergency assistance to 109 adults and 45 children following 34 local disaster responses. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- Yesterday, the Long Island Red Cross assisted four adults and three dogs affected by a house fire in Islip Terrace.
- In honor of the historic Bronx high rise fire on January 9, 2022, the NY Red Cross partnered with the FDNY and BABA Inc to provide home fire training.
- On Friday, Long Island Red Cross volunteers and the Bethpage High School Red Cross Club gathered at the 2022 Wounded Warrior Soldier Ride in Babylon to support the veterans and participants.
- On Friday, we taught Hands-Only CPR at NYPD Preparedness Day.
- On Thursday, Senator James Sanders Jr. joined our volunteers to install fire alarms for our Sound the Alarm Campaign in Far Rockaway.
- Last week, ABC7NY reported on a multi-family house fire in White Plains where Red Cross provided financial aid for the displaced residents.
- We also shared some summer safety tips to beat the heat.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Take action and make a difference this July. Every day volunteers are needed to provide vital services to people forced from their homes because of home fires, storms and other emergencies. Apply here to become a Mass Care volunteer today!
- August 2: Register now for the Red Cross Blood Drive sponsored by OGS at the Empire State Plaza!
- August 2: Join us for the annual “National Night Out” at the Brentwood Public Library! Learn more here.
- Sink your teeth into these thank-yous! Come in to give blood July 21 - July 24 to get your Shark Week T-shirt. PLUS, all who come in July will be entered for a chance at an outdoor adventure package from Discovery. Make an appointment now!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.