|Ringing the closing bell of Nasdaq for #NationalBloodDonorMonth.|
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross has provided emergency assistance to 135 adults and 54 children following 50 local disaster responses. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- Over the weekend, four members of the Paris Chapter of the France Red Cross visited our NYC Headquarters.
- Sunday marked the 14-year anniversary of the emergency landing of Flight 1459 better known as the "Miracle on the Hudson." Listen to our podcast episode from season 3: "Disasters Untold," devoted to retelling the incredible events of that day.
- Thanks to our Red Cross volunteers at West Point who supported an annual blood drive for the cadets this week during #nationalblooddonormonth.
- Long Island News 12 and Newsday reported on Red Cross volunteer Doug McNally leaving for California to support our response to massive storms there.
- Councilman of the town of Babylon, Terence McSweeney, showed his support for the Sound the Alarm campaign by posting this PSA.
- Last Wednesday, Red Cross team members from across our region gathered in Times Square to ring the closing bell of Nasdaq in honor of #NationalBloodDonorMonth.
- Bronx BP Vanessa Gibson, Senator Gustavo Rivera and Council Member Althea Stevens commemorated the 1st year anniversary of the tragic Bronx Twin Parks fire by asking residents to sign up for free smoke alarms through the Red Cross.
- Jan 18: The virtual Pillowcase Project is a free interactive preparedness program designed for children in grades 3 through 5. Co-hosted by NY Councilmember Mercedes Narcisse
- Jan 21: Red Cross will be featured again in this year’s Operation 7: Save a Life program about emergency preparedness. Tune in Jan 21 at 7pm on ABC7NY.
- Feb 15: Join us at the Ziegfeld Ballroom, NYC to honor #RedCrossHeroes for their dedicated service and commitment to the community. Purchase your ticket now!
- It's National Blood Donor Month & we’re your biggest fans! To show our thanks for coming to give in January, we're giving you a chance at a trip for 2 to Super Bowl LVII in AZ! Schedule now: rcblood.org/3WbDQLZ
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.