|Celebrating #RedCrossMonth in Greenwich with town officials.|
Last Week in Review
- Last week, we kicked off #RedCrossMonth with an official proclamation from NY State Gov. Kathy Hochul and two flag raising celebrations with town officials in Greenwich and Westchester County. News 12 and Patch covered the Greenwich event.
- Last Saturday, PIX11, lohud.com, Patch and News 12 reported on Red Cross support after a tragic fire in Spring Valley, NY (Rockland County) to displaced residents.
- Last Thursday, ABC7NY reported on the Long Island Red Cross assisting 6 families after a fire in Baldwin, NY (Nassau County).
- Last Wednesday, ABC7NY and PIX11 reported on Red Cross assistance to Chinatown residents after a unstable apartment building forced them from their homes.
- ABC7NY and amNY reported on a Bronx fire where the Red Cross assisted 12 families.
- For the start of #WomensHistoryMonth, we shared this fun Q&A video featuring our Regional CEO, Mary Barneby.
- Last week, our Long Island Red Cross CEO Jose Dominguez was interviewed by the Cox Media Group for their public affairs program, “Plugged into Long Island.” The conversation aired this weekend on WBLI and WBAB.
- Throughout a particularly tragic month of fires in February, our Home Fire teams stayed active by spreading fire safety awareness and installing free smoke alarms in an estimated 130 NYC homes.
- To close out the Black History Month, at the end of February we shared this video on the inspirational artwork of Henry Ossawa Tanner who was internationally renowned for depicting the work of the Red Cross.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Red Cross Month Walking Challenge is a fun way to give yourself a boost, get outside, and walk, all while helping to fundraise for our mission.
- Mar 15: We Were There - Transportation Incidents in Greater NY, is a panel discussion with our volunteers and employees who have responded to large-scale incidents here in our area over the last two plus decades.
- Mar 25: In partnership with the Brentwood Public Library, the American Red Cross on Long Island will host Prepare Brentwood, a day-long community event featuring safety courses, family readiness training, service opportunities, refreshments, prizes, and more! Prepare Brentwood is free to the public and open to residents of all ages.
- Mar 30: Join the Regional Preparedness Department at the Fire Department Training Center in Fort Totten, Queens for a fabulous Preparedness BBQ in-person event! (must be registered Red Cross volunteer to sign up)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.