|Buildings and landmarks across NY lit red for Red Cross Month and Giving Day. (Photo: Brett Whysel)|
Last Week in Review
- Last Saturday, Long Island Red Cross and partners held a successful all-day event at the Brentwood Library to help prepare the community for emergencies. See more photos here.
- Last Friday, ABC7NY, PIX11 and NY1 reported on the Red Cross providing financial aid and emergency housing to seven families after a 3rd Alarm fire on Mott St in Chinatown.
- Our Long Island volunteer Viv checked in from California where she is supporting the Red Cross response to the severe weather that has been affecting the Golden State since December.
- We met with Assemblywoman Latoya Joyner to record a Home Fire Safety PSA that will debut in the near future.
- Last Wednesday, for March is Red Cross Month and Red Cross Giving Day, buildings and landmarks across New York were lit red in support of our mission.
- Last week as part of the Greater New York Disaster Ready Summit, our regional CEO Mary Barneby moderated a panel of Women Leaders in Disaster Volunteer Organizations.
- During the West Point Blood Drive, our four-legged volunteers Ivy Grace, Ted, and Wrigley were bringing smiles and reducing stress for donors and volunteers.
- Last Tuesday, News 12 reported on the Red Cross assisting two families after a fire on E 39th Street in Brooklyn.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Celebrate #RedCrossMonth this March and volunteer today! Communities across the country count on the Red Cross for help every day — and volunteers are there to support communities.
- Mar 27: Council Member Marjorie Velázquez is co-hosting a Pillowcase Project preparedness education program for grades 3-5 that teaches students about personal and family preparedness and safety skills, local hazards, and basic coping skills.
- Mar 30: Join the Regional Preparedness Department at the Fire Department Training Center in Fort Totten, Queens for a fabulous Preparedness BBQ! (must be a registered Red Cross volunteer to sign up)
- April 8: Attending the NY International Auto Show? Donate blood while you're there. Use promotional code "redcross1233" for discount tickets purchased at www.autoshowny.com and also schedule to donate blood at RedCrossBlood.org. Use sponsor code: NYAuto (All donors MUST purchase a ticket to enter the Auto Show in order to donate)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.