|Red Crossers across the region celebrated St. Patrick's Day Day by marching in parades. (Photo: Celia Vollmer)|
Last Week in Review
- Three cheers for our teams who shared their red and green this month to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day across the region, including at Sunday’s Greenwich parade.
- Our team was so excited to celebrate Red Cross Month with Rockland County Executive Ed Day!
- Last Wednesday, we held the inaugural “We Were There” panel discussion examining some of our region’s most memorable emergencies through the lens of the Red Crossers who responded. Watch the first panel "Transportation Incidents in Greater NY."
- Councilman and Public Safety Chairman Terence McSweeney spent last Tuesday morning installing FREE smoke alarms with our Home Fire Team in the home of one of his constituents in Babylon.
- Mar 20-23: Join us at the United States Military Academy at West Point, Eisenhower Hall to donate blood. Visit redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code: WestPoint or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767 to make an appointment.
- Mar 22: To celebrate Red Cross Month and Red Cross Giving Day, buildings and monuments across New York light up RED to recognize all of you who make our mission possible. Join us for a group photo at the Oculus at 7:10 p.m. (Active volunteers can confirm attendance here)
- Mar 22: Will you be joining us on Red Cross Giving Day — March 22? Your help is needed to provide the resources people need to get back on their feet after a devastating natural disaster. Mark your calendars to provide hope when #HelpCantWait.
- Mar 22: Our colleagues at the IFRC have co-organized a virtual event as part of the 2023 UN Water Conference: An end to Day Zero: Sustainable and universal water in urban settlements.
- Mar 25: In partnership with the Brentwood Public Library, the American Red Cross on Long Island will host Prepare Brentwood, a day-long community event featuring safety courses, family readiness training, service opportunities, refreshments, prizes, and more! Prepare Brentwood is free to the public and open to residents of all ages.
- Mar 30: Join the Regional Preparedness Department at the Fire Department Training Center in Fort Totten, Queens for a fabulous Preparedness BBQ! (must be a registered Red Cross volunteer to sign up)