|Red Cross Volunteers supporting the 2015 TCS NYC Marathon.|
Last Week in Review
- At Sunday’s TCS NYC Marathon, more than 200 first aid and CPR-trained Red Cross volunteers served as medical spotters along the 26.2 mile course.
- Along with our volunteers, 13 Team Red Cross runners made their way through the five boroughs on behalf of our mission.
- This weekend marked the end of Daylight Saving Time. If you haven’t already, use this as a reminder to check your smoke alarm batteries and make sure they are working properly.
- On Friday, as part of our #MyRedCrossLife Instagram series, Long Islander Miguel Moreno shared how volunteering for the Red Cross has changed him.
- On the anniversary of Superstorm Sandy, we shared this video highlighting the Red Cross relief efforts in the three years since Sandy made landfall.
- On Thursday, employees of Time Warner Cable took time out of their busy work day to write letters and build Red Cross comfort kits for veterans.
- As part of our Humanity in War workshop, a continuing ed training for legal and other internationally-minded professionals, the renown Ben Ferencz shared his tremendous wisdom with the group. Ferencz is the last surviving Nuremberg Trial prosecutor and advocate for global justice.
- The following day, continuing with the international theme, our youth services team hosted a panel featuring International Humanitarian Law experts discussing difficult topics like torture and healthcare under attack.
- On Monday, Long Island Red Cross CEO John Miller stood with the United Way of Long Island and other relief organizations in Freeport, N.Y. in observance of the Sandy anniversary.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- Win a Deluxe Emergency Preparedness Kit by taking the online emergency preparedness training. You’ll be automatically entered to win. This contest is open to residents of New York City, Long Island, Orange, Sullivan, Rockland, Putnam and Westchester Counties. Four winners will be chosen each month (notified via email).
- GetAlarmedNYC: On November 2nd, the American Red Cross, the Mayor, and the FDNY Foundation announced our #GetAlarmedNYC Home Fire Campaign. Our campaign needs volunteer support to staff Daily Installation Teams every week as well as an exciting Mega Event in the Bronx, on November 14th. Sign up for a Home Fire Campaign shift today (link for Red Cross Volunteers).
- Nov 6: Red Cross blood drives; 1 to 7pm; 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- Nov 11: Join the American Red Cross as it marches in America's Parade on Wednesday. The parade kicks off at Madison Park on 26th Street and Fifth Avenue and marches north along Fifth Avenue to 53rd Street. For Red Cross volunteers, who wish to march in honor of America's veterans, please email SAFGNY@redcross.org.
Silakan Kunjungi Website Saya , Yang Dapat Melakukan Live Streaming Secara Langsung :ReplyDelete
agen judi online terpercaya