© 2016 Nasdaq, Inc.
Last Week in Review
- It’s been all hands on deck here in Greater New York as our local chapters continue to support the relief effort in Louisiana.
- More local Red Crossers deployed to the region to assist with the historic flooding that devastated parts of the state, while others who are already on the ground have reported back with some of their experiences.
- A call center here at Greater New York HQ has been hard at work relaying calls and taking some of the strain off the local chapter responding to this historic weather event.
- On Thursday the American Red Cross was invited to ring the opening bell at NASDAQ to raise awareness about this disaster and let people know how they can help.
- On Saturday, the Red Cross responded to a fire in New Rochelle that left a family of four adults and two children homeless.
- Last Thursday we provided a sneak peek of a scene from the Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Village Roadshow Pictures’ feature film SULLY featuring Red Cross volunteers! Stay tuned for more behind-the-scenes images and photos. The film will be in theaters 9/9/16.
- On Wednesday, the Red Cross provided assistance following a deadly Yonkers fire that displaced nine families and sent eight residents to the hospital. Fios 1 provided coverage of the blaze.
- We spotlighted volunteer Hector Pereira on Instagram as part of our #MyRedCrossLife series.
- Following last Wednesday’s devastating earthquake in Italy, our colleagues at the Italian Red Cross mobilized a massive relief effort.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- Sep 1, 2 & 6: Red Cross blood drive: 2 to 7pm: 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- Sep 17: Save the date for Radiation Situation: A Red Cross Simulation. The Greater New York Region will host its annual Full-Scale-Exercise on Saturday, September 17th from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Red Cross volunteers and staff are highly encouraged to participate and will have a choice of roles and locations throughout the Greater New York and North New Jersey Regions. Sign up today!
- Sep 22: Seats are filled are filled for “Born on the Battlefield” and registration is closed. This class is an introduction to the Geneva Conventions and how the International Committee of the Red Cross has historically played a role in war zones.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.