Children of the Pierce Country Day Camp swam laps to raise funds for the Red Cross. (Photo: Lori-Ann Pizzarelli)
Over the last 7 days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 39 adults and 9 children following 33 local disasters. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities (see below).
Last Week in Review
- In anticipation of Syfy’s Sharknado 4 that came out on Sunday we created a PSA, blog post and Instagram videos to help individuals prepare for a Sharknado or any other disaster that may come their way.
- Longtime Red Cross volunteer Christophe Lobry- Boulanger spoke to our fire safety interns about education, mission and purpose on Saturday.
- The Pillowcase Project, a program that aims to educate children on emergency preparedness, was at Pouch Day Camp to teach preparedness tips to dozens of children on Thursday.
- Red Cross volunteers assisted four people displaced by a fire in East Meadow on Long Island. The Red Cross provided temporary housing and emergency funds for basic necessities.
- Working with Councilman Deutsch, Red Crossers provided fire safety instructor training to his staff on Wednesday.
- In our latest #MyRedCrossLife Instagram profile, Red Crosser Francisco Gonazlez reflects on a time the Red Cross helped him receive information about a family member’s passing while serving in the military.
- The roller derby #BloodforLife blood drive continues into this week. Gotham Girls and Suburbia Roller Derby hosted drives last week.
- The annual Swim Across was held on Monday at the Pierce Country Day Camp. Swim Across is a fundraiser where kids swim laps to raise money for the Red Cross.
- Last week we posted a web story about our response the previous weekend to a massive fire in Hempstead, N.Y. that left more than a dozen families homeless.
- Aug 2, 4 & 5: Red Cross blood drive: 1 to 7pm: 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- Aug 6: Orientations for volunteers are coming up! Sign up here to attend the next one.
- Aug 6: #GetAlarmedNYC is coming to Brownsville, Brooklyn. Volunteer to help out, or sign up to get a free smoke alarm installed in your home.
- Aug 23-28: Calling all golf lovers! Barclays is looking for support at the PGA tour playoffs from August 23-28 in Farmingdale, LI. Signing up gets you full admission to the tournament for you and a guest. Learn more about this great opportunity. Don't forget to select American Red Cross as your affiliation when you register!
Nice post. I have bookmarked you to check your new stuff. Thanks for sharing this useful information.ReplyDelete
Cpr class florida
First aid maryland
Cpr training colorado
You do a great job. Keep going.ReplyDelete
Bolsos Michael Kors OutletReplyDelete
Bolsos Michael Kors Outlet
Bolsos Michael Kors Baratos
Michael Kors Stockholm
Michael Kors Stockholm
Michael Kors Rea
Sac Longchamp Pas Cher
Sac Longchamp Bandouliere