Queens elected officials helped raise awareness of our Sound the Alarm program at the Taiwan Center NY
Last Week in Review
- Thank you to the Taiwan Center NY 台灣會館, Congresswoman Grace Meng, Sen. Toby Ann Stavisky, Asm. Ron Kim NYC, and Councilmember Koo for joining on Friday to announce the August 18th Sound the Alarm installation event in Flushing, Queens, where Red Cross volunteers and partners will install FREE smoke alarms to help save lives and #EndHomeFires.
- Thank you to American Express and Delta Air Lines for supporting us through the Perksicle Tour where they offered free ice pops to Delta Skymiles Card Members across nine cities in the U.S. and those who were not Card Members had the option to buy the pops and all proceeds were donated to the Red Cross. Delta and American Express also committed to matching a donation of the price of each ice pop sold to support Red Cross disaster relief efforts.
- Check out the latest My Red Cross Life post on our Instagram and read about Madeline Liongsan’s story about becoming the youngest board member ever for the Metro NY North Red Cross!
- Read the most recent “Three Questions With…” Lipica Shah who serves as a volunteer instructor and CPR/First Aid spokesperson while pursuing her acting career. She has even given live training demonstrations on The Dr. Oz Show, the TODAY Show, and The Martha Stewart Show!
- Our amazing volunteers were out in Long Island cleaning up Conex boxes with the help of the FEMA Core group.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- August 6, 7, 10, 11, 13: Red Cross blood drives will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Greater NY Red Cross building located at 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan and other locations. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- October 10: Join us for the annual American Red Cross: Heroes Among Us gala at the Ziegfeld Ballroom to celebrate the civic leaders and heroic individuals who embody our humanitarian mission.
- November 4: The American Red Cross Greater New York Region is proud to Run for the Red in November at the TCS New York City Marathon. Come be a part of Team Red Cross and sign up by Thursday, September 13! Space is limited, so secure your spot today! For more information, contact Bob Estremera at NYCmarathon@redcross.org or 212-875-2091.