Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 123 adults and 35 children following 42 local disasters. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- Across all our digital platforms last week we called on healthy individuals to schedule an appointment now to give blood in the weeks ahead to help patients counting on lifesaving blood throughout this coronavirus pandemic. To find a blood drive near you, visit www.aabb.org.
- Long-time Red Crosser Brian Boyle, whose infant son was saved by blood transfusions, encourages donations to continue amid coronavirus disease outbreak. Check out his inspirational story of hope and perseverance!
- Before you go buy more toilet paper, here's what experts say you should stock up on during the coronavirus crisis.
- People may experience a variety of feelings and thoughts during the current situation with coronavirus (COVID-19). The American Red Cross has information you can use to cope with this evolving situation. Here are a few steps!
- For more steps, you can take to protect against Coronavirus COVID-19, download this PDF guide. (Chinese | French | Haitian | Korean | Spanish | Tagalog | Vietnamese)
- Last week, the Red Cross supported the Jewish Community Council of Greater Coney Island (JCCGCI) in distributing bags of food to local seniors, a request that came to us through the Southern Brooklyn COAD. Normally, picked up by local seniors for Passover, the 600 food bags were instead delivered to seniors who were home-bound due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Last week, amid the coronavirus pandemic, Red Cross continued to provide emergency assistance to local families impacted by local disasters. This included fires in Brooklyn, Long Island, the Bronx and Queens.
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Community Preparedness Education Volunteer, Disaster Action Team Member, Emergency Communications Center, Volunteer Services Screener. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- To find a blood drive near you click here.
- Mar 25: Join us at our Virtual Westchester Volunteer Orientation which will take place online from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Mar 25: Join us at our Virtual NYC Volunteer Orientation which will take place online from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm.