Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to more than 220 people following approximately 30 local disasters and other emergencies. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities.
Last Week in Review
- On Friday, we initiated a new #MyRedCrossLife Instagram series: #StayAtHome edition. Check out our first two stories of the week: Kelly Molina, Social Media Intern and Dr. Thomas Hlenki, Disaster Mental Health volunteer. Each shares how they adapt their Red Cross work to this new coronavirus reality.
- On Thursday, our partner Veronica Beard honored three amazing Red Cross women--volunteers Donna Bascom, Viviana Moy, and Jesennia Rodriguez--by sharing their storie. Thank you Veronica Beard for your support and thank you to all our volunteers. Check it out here.
- Last Wednesday was Red Cross Giving Day Huge thank you to all our supporters who enable us to carry out our mission! #EmergenciesDontStop.
- Also on Wednesday, our friends at the Helmsley Building (230 Park Ave) lit up red in honor of Red Cross Month. Thanks for their support!
- Deep gratitude and appreciation to Senator Luis Sepulveda, Senator Joe Addabbo, and Acting Queens Borough president SharonLee for making calls to our volunteers thanking them for their service and commitment to our mission during these challenging times.
- Last week we shared some guidance on how to talk to kids about the coronavirus crisis. Click here to learn more
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Community Preparedness Education Volunteer, Disaster Action Team Member, Emergency Communications Center, Volunteer Services Screener. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To find a blood drive near you click here.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.